Lytchett Minster & St Dunstan's Upton
Procedures for Booking St Dunstan's Lounge
If you wish to hire St Dunstan's Lounge in the first instance please contact the Church Manager on 01202 624622 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Set out below are the main policy points concerning hire.
Hire Fees for St Dunstan's Lounge
- The lounge and the kitchen are primarily for the use of the church and church groups for which there is no charge.
- The lounge is available for non-church events when the Community Centre is not free.
- The lounge is not suitable for large private parties [e.g. 18th or 21st birthdays] for which the Community centre is more suitable. It is not our policy to provide premises when the CC is available.
- The hire fee for the lounge is £20 per hour and includes use of the kitchen for making hot and cold drinks only.
- If the use of the kitchen is required for more extensive refreshments an additional charge of £20 per event is payable.
- In addition a refundable deposit of £20 is required for the booking to be confirmed. This will NOT be returned in the event of a late cancellation or if the premises are not left in a clean and tidy state. The heating must be switched off, all windows closed and all lights switched off. In certain circumstances the booking fee may be waived.
- Cancellation made up to 7 days before the event will receive a full refund of the £20 booking fee
- Cancellation made within 7 days of the event would forfeit the £20 booking fee except in exceptional circumstances.
Terms and conditions of use
- The user is responsible for the part of the premises used, including the fabric and contents during the period of use. All breakages or damage must be reported to the church office within 24 hours Tel 01202 624622
- No entrance fee may be charged and the premises may not be used for any unlawful purpose. No illegal items may be brought into the building. No alcohol may be sold on the premises. No smoking in the garden.
- The premises may not be used for any trade purposes including jumble sales, bring & buy sales, fairs or fetes without written consent from the PCC.
- The user must arrange a visit to the site to be shown the premises, security, toilets, fire safety and exits, first aid kit and record book. When the kitchen is required the user must be instructed in its proper use by a suitably qualified person. A risk assessment should be included in this visit.
- All electrical items brought onto the premises must have a current PAT certificate provided at the hirers expense.
- The user is responsible for ensuring that the event is adequately insured, when appropriate. A copy of your insurance document must be shown before the hiring can commence. In the case of accidents or damage to property the PCC cannot accept liability.
- Hirers are responsible for leaving the premises clean and tidy, for removing all rubbish from the site and ensuring that the premises are secure with windows fastened, doors locked and heating and lights switched off.
- Where appropriate all groups must have a copy of their Safe-Guarding policy available to the church office
- A responsible person must be aware of who in their group is on the premises at all times.
- Hirers are responsible for collecting and returning the keys from the church office. The keys should be returned within 24 hours of the event taking place, or a Monday if over the weekend. Hirers will need to sign for the keys when collecting and again on there return.
- The PCC reserve the right to refuse any application for hire without giving a reason.